Surface temperature combined with friction values are critical information for airports to ensure safe landing conditions. It’s also important for runway maintenance to optimize cleaning and de-icing.
The Skiddometer CFME system can be equipped with surface temperature meter. It’s a great addition to determine surface conditions. A small meter is attached behind the Skiddometer BV11 trailer or Skiddometer BV11 VI pick-up truck. Temperature information can be seen and printed together with friction information on measuring computer.
Surface temperature meter
- Sensor type: Skiddometer Airport and Road Surface Temperature Sensor
- Temperature range: -30 … 50 °C
- Power supply: 9 … 30 VDC, power from Skiddometer
- Power consumption: about 1 W
- Measures: length 270 mm, diameter 40 mm, weight 700 g (sensor part only)
- Accuracy of measurement: Estimated absolute accuracy is 0.3 °C (0.6 °F), when the difference between the surface temperature and the ambient temperature is less than 5 °C
- Resolution of measurement: 0.1 °C (0.2 °F)
- Internal noise level: about 0.3 °C (0.6 °F) with 1 second response time
- Installation: magnetic fixing on steel surfaces of a vehicle or by using an M8 bolt, power from Skiddometer
- Data transmission: Cable connection to Skiddometer databox, from databox to computer wireless or by cable
- Surface temperature values are stored and printed together with friction values
- Values can be exported together with other info as length, speed, friction and gps coordinates
- Temperature value is seen on the screen all time during measurement