Options for Runway friction testing equipment
Skiddometer continuous friction measuring equipment can be equipped with additional features which will add more value to its users. When purchasing Skiddometer trailer or vehicle integration, it will include the unit itself, touch screen measuring computer and cable connection between computer and Skiddometer. Additionally the user can add features to get more value out of the equipment.
The user can choose the most suitable computer for the need. MI-900 is a military version of the measuring computer which is protected for interference and have all the functions built in. Small LCD display, internal printer and push buttons ensure working in all possible environments. On commercial airports the usage is lighter and more features is required. Then the modern Touch Screen Computer with additional equipment is the best solution. Read more of available option below.
The Skiddometer MI-900 Computer is used to record and print out friction data. It has been developed in close co-operation with several airport customers, following the success story of older MI-series computers. All the older computer types are still fully usable. The MI-900 computer has many advantages:
- Easy to use, large screen
- Reliable even in the most extreme weather conditions
- Screen display and printouts follow ICAO and FAA
- Unlimited measuring data saved on memory cards
- Laptop compatible.
- Technical data
- Protection against interference
- Use of password
- Software updates
- PC Software and connectivity
- Compatible with all Skiddometer BV-11 friction measurement trailers
- Compatible with MI-9 and MI-90 measurement cable and power supply cable
- Power supply 12V 10A
- Working temperature –20 to +40 Celsius (-4 to +104 Fahrenheit)
- Internal memory 1gb
- External memory up to 2 gb
- CPU Dual core
- Size: 251 x 142 x 56 mm (10 x 5,6 x 2,2 inch)
- Mounting: VESA 75
- Paper with 112 mm (4,4 inch) (same as MI90)
- One year full warranty
- Manufacturer: Moventor Oy Inc.
Surface temperature combined with friction values are critical information for airports to ensure safe landing conditions. It’s also important for runway maintenance to optimize cleaning and de-icing.
The Skiddometer CFME system can be equipped with surface temperature meter. It’s a great addition to determine surface conditions. A small meter is attached behind the Skiddometer BV11 trailer or Skiddometer BV11 VI pick-up truck. Temperature information can be seen and printed together with friction information on measuring computer.
Surface temperature meter
- Sensor type: Skiddometer Airport and Road Surface Temperature Sensor
- Temperature range: -30 … 50 °C
- Power supply: 9 … 30 VDC, power from Skiddometer
- Power consumption: about 1 W
- Measures: length 270 mm, diameter 40 mm, weight 700 g (sensor part only)
- Accuracy of measurement: Estimated absolute accuracy is 0.3 °C (0.6 °F), when the difference between the surface temperature and the ambient temperature is less than 5 °C
- Resolution of measurement: 0.1 °C (0.2 °F)
- Internal noise level: about 0.3 °C (0.6 °F) with 1 second response time
- Installation: magnetic fixing on steel surfaces of a vehicle or by using an M8 bolt, power from Skiddometer
- Data transmission: Cable connection to Skiddometer databox, from databox to computer wireless or by cable
- Surface temperature values are stored and printed together with friction values
- Values can be exported together with other info as length, speed, friction and gps coordinates
- Temperature value is seen on the screen all time during measurement